Thursday, August 25, 2011

MLB Realignment (Supplement)

The primary pitfall of my MLB Realignment proposal is the addition of two MLB teams as part of the realignment.

A simple compromise between my proposition and a short-term solution for the MLB Playoffs is simply adding two wildcard spots without the divisional realignment.

To recap my previous article and incorporate this compromise, I am suggesting that the MLB simply add two more wildcard spots. Then the first round of the Playoffs would have two three-game-series in each respective league. The two teams, in each league, with the best records would earn byes. The rest of the playoffs would presume as the playoffs currently do. The pairings in each round would be based on respective division and record.

My first article includes more analysis on why I believe such a format is superior to the current system instilled by the MLB.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post and I am impressed with your thoughts. Big thanks and keep sharing.



    Local News in the Philippines

    ReplyDelete